I swung by Rona yesterday to pick up my Jiffy pots and seeds for my container garden this year. After last year’s tomato and basil success, I decided to expand the repertoire. How exciting is that? :)
I planted the following in 25 Jiffy Pots – we’ll see how many make it through transplanting. We eat a lot of tomato/cucumber/basil/mozzarella salads so if I’m able to grow all the veggies/herbs, I’ll just need to buy the cheese. Sounds like a great plan to me!
- 5 red cherry tomato (Balcony Charm)
- 6 mini cucumber (Muncher)
- 5 pepper (Mini Bell Mixed)
- 3 Thai basil
- 3 parsley (Single Hardy Italian)
- 1 yellow cherry tomato (Honeybees) (from last year)
- 2 cinnamon basil (from last year)
This is what they’re all supposed to look like – we shall see!