For lunch today, I made Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette from Ina Garten’s Back to Basics cookbook, another recipe in my cooking challenge.
It turned out great! Enjoyed with a glass of apple juice. The squash had a hint of maple, the walnuts provided the crunch, the cranberries provided the tart, the vinaigrette was very flavourful. Nice and festive salad, warm and comforting on a cold day.
6 recipes to go. Although honestly, I’m finding some of the last few tough to get excited about. I’ll definitely make a couple of them (red below). But for the rest, I just may let myself off the hook.
- Chilled Cucumber Soup with Shrimp (not a fan of cold/cool soups…)
- Homemade Chicken Stock (I’ve always wanted to make my own stock so I’ll definitely be making this)
- Lobster Corn Chowder (lobster now out of season so would have to wait until next year to do this one)
- Roasted Turkey Roulade (on the fence with this one – ingredients look good but I’m not a stuffing fan)
- Baked Blintzes with Fresh Blueberry Sauce (neither my husband nor I find this one particularly appealing)
- Tri-Berry Oven Pancakes (these look good – will be making these)
So there it is. I’m letting myself *not make* a few recipes. I’ll focus on getting the last two red ones done. This brings the current total to 88 of 90 done (well, done or removed from the list :)).
2 to go!
What will I do next?!?