Who doesn’t like Top 10 lists? I love them. And so does Time Magazine. Every year, Time publishes the Top Ten lists of the year for every category or topic you can think of.
Top 10 Everything of 2011: In 54 wide-ranging lists, TIME surveys the highs and lows, the good and the bad, of the past 12 months.
Some of the ones I enjoyed the most include:
- Top Ten Apologies (#1 Anthony Weiner / Weinergate, #10 Pope Benedict)
- Top Ten Business Blunders (#1 Netflix, #4 Sony for the month-long post-hack outage of their Playstation network, #8 HP for pulling their tablet)
- Top Ten Comebacks (#1 Gabby Giffords, #2 NKOTBSB, #10 Jessica Simpson)
- Top Ten Fiction Books (#1 A Dance with Dragons, George R.R.Martin)
- Top Ten Gadgets (#1 Apple iPad 2)
- Top Ten Medical Breakthrough (#1 Use cloning to create stem cells, #2 first-ever Malaria vaccine, #4 the new food pyramid is a plate)
- Top Ten Memes (#1 We are the 99 Percent/Occupy, #2 Planking, #3 Princess Beatrice’s Fascinator, #4 Winning by Charlie Sheen)
- Top Ten Best Tweets (#1 Bin Laden’s death: “So I’m told by a reputable person they have killed Osama Bin Laden. Hot damn.”~Keith Urban, #4 Bill Gates’ tweet re: Steve Jobs “For those of us lucky enough to get to work with Steve, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.”, #8 the pope’s first tweet)
- Top Ten Worst Tweets (#1 Anthony Weiner’s “weiner”, #3 Gilbert Goddfried on Japan: “Japan is really advanced. They don’t go to the beach. The beach comes to them.”)
- Top Ten Smart-Phone Apps (#1 IntoNow, #2 Feedly, #4 Facebook Messenger)