Looks like it’s going to be a 2-cruise year. 🙂 Our upcoming cruise to Alaska in May on the Celebrity Infinity can’t arrive soon enough – we’re super excited. We also just booked our fall cruise to the Caribbean on the Carnival Dream – first time on a dream class ship, so we’re looking forward to that. Also, we chose a balcony suite (ocean suite) so that’ll be a nice splurge too.
Ocean Suite: A spacious room, that includes VIP check-in during embarkation. Stateroom amenities:
- Vanity dressing table
- Soft, comfortable, and cozy linens
- 24-hour stateroom service
- Two twin beds (convert to king)
- Sofa, armchair and coffee table
- Full bathroom with shower/whirlpool tub/double sinks
- 2 large closets
- Walk-in dressing area with vanity table and chair
- Private large balcony with patio chairs and table
The itinerary is all places we’ve already been to but wanted to return to and do different things.
ST. THOMAS, USVI – both times we’ve been here before we always went to Magen’s Bay for a beach day. This time, we’re trying snuba!
Snuba Adventure at Coral World Ocean Park
Explore the beauty of the undersea world without cumbersome scuba diving gear.
On this excursion you will:
- Board an open air island safari bus for the 30-minute island drive to Coral World.
- Be escorted to the SNUBA orientation area where you will receive a briefing on the use of the equipment and learn what you can expect during your dive.
- Enjoy approximately 30-minutes of exploration under the sea, while the air supply floats on the surface above you view the colorful marine life not viewable from the surface and without the surface limitations of snorkeling.
- Explore Coral World where you can see an amazing array of sea creatures, from tiny seahorses to giant lobsters.
- Touch sea stars and sea cucumbers, pet a shark, or feed the stingrays and the rainbow lorikeets.
- Have the opportunity to see at least one of the narrated feedings.
- Browse though the gift shops or enjoy a snack or a specialty frozen drink at the Shark Bar, at your expense, before departing Coral World.
The last time we were in Nassau, we toured Atlantis. This time, we’re doing a beach day.
Blue Lagoon Private Island Getaway with Lunch
This is one exciting experience you won’t want to miss while your Carnival cruise is in Nassau. The Blue Lagoon Private Island Getaway with Buffet Lunch shore excursion is fun and relaxing all at the same time.
Your private island getaway begins when you board a boat for a 30-minute cruise over to Blue Lagoon Island. Along the way you’ll see Nassau’s scenic harbor, Paradise Island and surrounding islands. Blue Lagoon Island was formerly known as Salt Cay since it was a salt marsh in the late 1800s.
When you arrive, don’t be surprised if Blue Lagoon takes your breath away. Calm and crystal clear, the serene lagoon is so inviting you’ll want to plunge right in. You’re welcome to use the various water “toys” depending upon availability. Take a look at the beautiful beach and see if you agree that it looks a lot like paradise with swaying palms, beach chairs, sun tents and hammocks big enough for two. Find your perfect place to relax and unwind. Or play volleyball, basketball, foosball, ping-pong, mini billiards, and jumbo board games such as king-size chess and dominoes. The choice is yours.
Blue Lagoon offers other watersports, such as kayaks and water bikes, for an additional charge.
When you’re ready for lunch take your choice from the wide variety of dishes at the buffet consisting of BBQ chicken, 4oz angus cheeseburger and peas & rice accompanied by fresh fruit, lemonade, or fruit punch.
While you’re here, you may visit the Dolphin Encounters’ amazing all-natural habitat where you can observe dolphins and sea lions.
At the end of the day, you’ll be treated to complimentary rum punch on your return boat ride to your “Fun Ship.”
ST. MAARTEN, NETHERLAND ANTILLES
The last time we were in St. Maarten we did the America’s Cup Regatta (yacht racing!) – which remains one of my favourite excursions ever, but we didn’t get to see much of the island. So this time, we’re touring. 🙂
See & Sea Island Tour / French St. Martin
Experience the best that French St. Maarten has to offer, both above ground and beneath the sea.
On this excursion you will:
- Visit cosmopolitan French St. Maarten, considered by many to be the most picturesque side of this two-nation island.
- Find out why it also claims the title, “Gastronomic Capital of the Caribbean”.
- Travel to the Dutch side of the island to the quaint fishing village of Grand Case.
- Board a state of the art semi-submarine called the Sea World Explorer.
- Take a 45-minute narrated tour of the coral reefs surrounding Creole Rock.
- Enjoy the spectacular feeding frenzy as a diver hand feeds fish right outside your viewing window.
- Learn as a marine expert fills you in on what you are seeing.
- Continue back, on land, to the French Capital of Marigot.
- Explore this beautiful port city with it’s sidewalk cafes, open air markets and duty free shops.
Anchors Aweigh! 🙂