When I first sat down to compile this post, I thought my list would be shorter than past years. I’ve been in a bit of a quiet period in terms of tackling life list items, however, I was quite surprised by how many items I was able to cross off! 🙂
- Cruise to Alaska (May 2012) where we visited Alaska, the Yukon and British Columbia, all life list destinations. I got to see the Rocky Mountains and increase my cruise count to 7 out of a goal of 10. We also increased the number of cruise lines we’ve sailed with to 3 out of a goal of 4.
- Cruise to Caribbean (October 2012) where we did a helmet dive (awesome!), stayed in a suite (woohoo!) and increased my cruise count to 8 out of 10. I also read in a hammock in the Bahamas. After being caught in the tail end of Hurricane Sandy on the way back and a delayed docking, we ended up flying first class home (we had to change our flight to the following day and flights were scarce, let alone economy seats).
- I completed 10 random acts of kindness – very happy about those.
- I made my own bread.
- I made Black Forest Cake.
- I made 4 colouring books (for my nieces and nephew).
- We participated in the walk to end breast cancer in September 2012. We’ll be doing this again in 2013 and hopefully will have graduated from a walk to a run. 🙂
- Read 30 books this year– Would you believe I’m at 45? My Kindle has really made reading more practical and enjoyable.
- See 50 movies this year – Just watched #50 and #51 in the past week (“Rise of the Guardians” and “The Dark Knight Rises”).
- Participate in a Flash Mob – this was for a work event and it was loads of fun. We danced to Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean.
- Cooking Challenge: As I write this, and including her latest cookbook, I’ve completed 216 of 695 Barefoot Contessa recipes – that’s 31%.
Not too shabby indeed and I still have a week to go! I’ve already started planning 2013 and what I’ll be able to tackle next year. Stay tuned!