When I first started preparing for this post, I didn’t think I had crossed many items on the list (seems like I say that every year lol). But, it was another great year filled with new adventures, travels and attained goals.
- See a Habs game outside of Montreal: We finally got to watch a game in Toronto when the Montreal Canadiens were visiting. 🙂
- Travel to Hawaii
- Get lei’d in Hawaii
- Attend a luau (Hawaii)
- Ride a catamaran (Hawaii)
- Ride in a helicopter (Hawaii)
- See a volcano (albeit dormant) (Hawaii)
- Swim in the Pacific Ocean (Hawaii)
- Learn how to eat crab legs (although I still need some practice) (Hawaii)
- Go fruit picking (local farm during our adventures)
- Go through a maze (local farm)
- Stay in a room with a private plunge pool (at Sandals St. Lucia)
- Get a massage (St. Lucia)
- Go to a spa (St. Lucia)
- Exercise at least 2 times a week for 1 month
- Exercise at least 2 times a week for 6 months
As of today, I’ve completed 279 of 432 items. 🙂
I did well on my other annual challenges as well, but didn’t complete the reading one this year.
- Watch 50 movies: As of December 21st, I’ve watched 65! Not sure how I found the time!! Two long return flights helped here for sure. And I’m not including the repeats I watch when I catch them on TV or during the holidays like Home Alone, Love Actually and the Sound of Music.
- Cook 40 new recipes: As of Dec. 21, I’m at 38 so will complete this one for sure.
- Read 40 books: As of Dec. 21, I’m only at 32 so probably won’t hit 40 before the end of the year. I tackled a few large novels this year which contributed to the lower number.
Some other things that I did this year but weren’t on the list:
- New hair: I cut my hair short again so it’s now a bob style. My first cut was short in back, long in front, but I got it evened out so I can have fun with a messier look. 🙂 Love it. Got highlights too.
- New job: After being in my current role for 6 years, I decided it was time for a change in order to continue to grow. I start my new job (same firm, different department) in January. I’ll have been with the same firm for 19 years in March. Change is good once in a while.
- We’re very close to having our dream backyard: We worked with a designer for our deck. The contractor says it’s actually almost done – about a week and a half to go! Super excited for outdoor living next year!
- Started exercising regularly: I’ve been exercising more regularly, doing both strength training and cardio at home mostly, along with hikes in nearby parks and conservation areas during the warmer weather.
- Turned 40! Woohoo!
Not too shabby indeed! I’ll be reviewing my list to add/remove some items and plan my goals for next year as well.